Hello, I am Minh Nguyen, a Ph.D. candidate at Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt, Austria.
Video streaming, multimedia communications and networking, quality of experience (QoE).
- 10/2019 – 03/2023: Ph.D. candidate, University of Klagenfurt (AAU), Austria
- Project: AdapTive Streaming over HTTP and Emerging Networked MultimediA Services (CD-Labor ATHENA)
- Advisor: Prof. Christian Timmerer
- 2013 – 2018: B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- 04/2023 – now: Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Klagenfurt (AAU), Austria
- Advisors: Prof. Hermann Hellwagner, Prof. Christian Timmerer
- 11/2018 – 09/2019: C++ Developer in FPT Software, Vietnam.
- 07/2018 – 10/2018: Research Assistant of Multimedia System Laboratory, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan.
- 07/2017 – 08/2017: Participant in GKS ASEAN Countries’ Science and Engineering Students, Korea.
- 2015 – 2018: Research Assistant of ESRC Lab, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam.
- Minh Nguyen, Shivi Vats, Sam Van Damme, Jeroen van der Hooft, Maria Torres Vega, Tim Wauters, Christian Timmerer, and Hermann Hellwagner. “Impact of Quality and Distance on the Perception of Point Clouds in Mixed Reality”. In 15th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX). IEEE, 2023.
- Shivi Vats, Minh Nguyen, Sam Van Damme, Jeroen van der Hooft, Maria Torres Vega, Tim Wauters, Christian Timmerer, and Hermann Hellwagner. “A Platform for Subjective Quality Assessment in Mixed Reality Environments”. In 15th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX). IEEE, 2023. Github
- Minh Nguyen, Hadi Amirpour, Farzad Tashtarian, Christian Timmerer, Hermann Hellwagner, “Performance Analysis of H2BR: HTTP/2-based Segment Upgrading to Improve the QoE in HAS.” Multimedia Tools and Applications (impact factor: 3.6, quality: Q1).
- Minh Nguyen, Babak Taraghi, Abdelhak Bentaleb, Roger Zimmermann, and Christian Timmerer. “CADLAD: Device-aware Bitrate Ladder Construction for HTTP Adaptive Streaming“. In 2022 18th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM), pp. 198-204. IEEE, 2022.
- Minh Nguyen, Daniele Lorenzi, Farzad Tashtarian, Hermann Hellwagner, and Christian Timmerer. “DoFP+: An HTTP/3-Based Adaptive Bitrate Approach Using Retransmission Techniques.” IEEE Access 10 (2022): 109565-109579 (impact factor: 4.82, quality: Q1).
- Çetinkaya Ekrem, Minh Nguyen, and Christian Timmerer. “MoViDNN: A Mobile Platform for Evaluating Video Quality Enhancement with Deep Neural Networks.” In MultiMedia Modeling: 28th International Conference, MMM 2022, Phu Quoc, Vietnam, June 6–10, 2022, Proceedings, Part II, pp. 465-472. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2022.
- Minh Nguyen, Ekrem Çetinkaya, Hermann Hellwagner, and Christian Timmerer. “Super-resolution based bitrate adaptation for HTTP adaptive streaming for mobile devices”. In Proceedings of the 1st Mile-High Video Conference, pp. 70-76. 2022.
- Minh Nguyen, Christian Timmerer, Stefan Pham, Daniel Silhavy, and Ali C. Begen. “Take the red pill for H3 and see how deep the rabbit hole goes”. In Proceedings of the 1st Mile-High Video Conference, pp. 7-12. 2022.
- Daniele Lorenzi, Minh Nguyen, Farzad Tashtarian, Simone Milani, Herman Hellwagner, Christian Timmerer, “Days of Future Past: An Optimization-based AdaptiveBitrate Algorithm over HTTP/3“, The ACM CoNEXT 2021 Workshop on the Evolution, Performance, and Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ) 2021, Munich, Germany.
- Babak Taraghi, Minh Nguyen, Hadi Amirpour, Christian Timmerer, “INTENSE: In-depth Studies on Stall Events and Quality Switches and Their Impact on the Quality of Experience in HTTP Adaptive Streaming“, IEEE Access, 2021 (impact factor: 3.37; quality factor: I)
- Minh Nguyen, “Policy-driven Dynamic HTTP Adaptive Streaming Player Environment“, ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) Doctoral Symposium, Sept. 28-Oct. 1, 2021, Istanbul, Turkey (acceptance rate: 34%; quality factor: II)[PDF][Video]
- Minh Nguyen, Ekrem Çetinkaya , Hermann Hellwagner , and Christian Timmerer, “WISH: User-centric Bitrate Adaptation for HTTP Adaptive Streaming on Mobile Devices“, IEEE 23rd International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP), October 06-08 | Tampere, Finland [PDF][Slides][Video]
- Farzad Tashtarian, Abdelhak Bentaleb, Reza Farahani, Minh Nguyen, Christian Timmerer, Hermann Hellwagner, and Roger Zimmermann, “A Distributed Delivery Architecture for User Generated Content Live Streaming over HTTP“, The 46th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN) Oct. 4-7, 2021, Edmonton, Canada. [PDF]
- Minh Nguyen, Hadi Amirpour, Christian Timmerer, Hermann Hellwagner, “Scalable High Efficiency Video Coding based HTTPAdaptive Streaming over QUIC Using Retransmission“. In Proceedings of theACM SIGCOMM 2020 Workshop on Evolution, Performance, and Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ 2020), August 2020.
- Minh Nguyen, Christian Timmerer, Hermann Hellwagner, “H2BR: An HTTP/2-based Retransmission Technique to Improve the QoE of Adaptive Video Streaming”. In Proceedings of the 25th Packet Video Workshop. June 2020. [PDF]
- Thoa Nguyen, Dang H. Nguyen, Nguyen Minh, Nam Pham Ngoc, Hung T. Le, and Truong Cong Thang, “An Efficient Server Push Approach for On-Demand Video Streaming Over HTTP/2.” IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol.E101-B, No.11, Nov. 2018. [PDF]
- Dang H. Nguyen, Nguyen Minh, Nam Pham Ngoc, and Truong Cong Thang, “An adaptive method for low-delay 360 VR video streaming over HTTP/2.” In Communications and Electronics (ICCE), 2018 IEEE Seventh International Conference. IEEE, 2018. [PDF]
- Nguyen Minh, Dang H. Nguyen, Cuong T. Pham, Nam Pham Ngoc, Duc V. Nguyen, and Truong Cong Thang, “An adaptive streaming method of 360 videos over HTTP/2 protocol.” In Information and Computer Science, 2017 4th NAFOSTED Conference on, pp. 302-307. IEEE, 2017. [PDF]